The 2011 Canadian Mountain Running Championships will be hosted in Canmore, Alberta on July 9th, 2011. This is the third and final year the event will be held in partnership with the Canmore Challenge at the Canmore Nordic Centre.
More detailed information about the race will be posted soon at : www.canmorechallenge.com
The race will be an up-and-down course over the following approximate distances: senior men - 12km; senior women and junior men - 8km; and junior women - 4km.
The Canadian Mountain Running Championships will serve as the qualifying race for the 27th World Mountain Running Championships in Tirana, Albania on September 11th, 2011 and the 2nd Commonwealth Mountain Running Championships in Snowden - Gwynedd, GBR on September 23rd - 25th, 2011.
To be eligible for national teams, competitors must be:
- Canadian Citizens;
- Members of the Canadian Trail and Mountain Running Assocation; and
- Members of their local Athletics Canada branch (www.athletics.ca)
The full selection criteria for the 2011 National Mountain Running teams can be found here: http://www.mountainrunning.ca/downloads/Selection_Criteria_for_2011_National_Teams.pdf
Important races for 2011:
- Canadian Mountain Running Championships: July 9th, 2011, Canmore, AB
- 8th NACAC Mountain Running Championships: July 17th, 2011, Ajicic, Mexico
- 27th World Mountain Running Championships: September 11th, 2011, Tirana, Albania
- 2nd Commonwealth Mountain Running Championships: September 23rd-25th, Snowdon-Gwynedd, GBR